In my last post, I outlined 15 strategies for generating sales of $300 or more each campaign.
Why $300?? That’s the magic number for earning 100 points in Avon’s current Cruise Like a Boss incentive, which began in Campaign 20 ’17 and runs through Campaign 6 ’18. At $300 in sales, earnings also increase to 35%, which means more money in your pockets!!
In this post, I will present Part 2: How to Find New Team Members
Building a beautiful team of Avon beauty bosses, can be a rewarding, exciting, and profitable way to grow your Avon business!
When you share the Avon opportunity with others, then mentor them to be successful, both YOU and your team members win!! You will earn rewards and bonuses, while helping someone else to put money in their pockets!
Inviting others to join Avon, then helping them to be successful with their businesses is also an essential part of earning enough Cruise Like a Boss points
If you’ve never invited someone to join Avon, you might not know where to start. In this post, I’m going to walk you through a series of simple strategies for finding new Avon team members. It’s easier than you think, especially if you love your own Avon business and believe in the opportunity it offers.
First, let me quickly review the perks available to you when you invite others to join Avon:
- $20 Cash Bonus for each person you add to your team, when they successfully place a 1st or 2nd order of $150 or more (The bonus is $50 if you are still within the Kickstart period – your 1st 7 campaigns with Avon.)
- 3% Sponsoring Bonus each campaign, on your team members’ sales, as long as you both remain Avon representatives – Continue being rewarded by your team members’ long-term success!
- 300 Points towards the Cruise Like a Boss incentive, to earn an all-inclusive cruise to Bermuda, for each personal recruit who places a 1st or 2nd order of $150 or more (Valid from C-20 ’17 through C-6 ’18)
- 1000 Points towards the Cruise Like a Boss incentive, to earn an all-inclusive trip to cruise to Bermuda, when you advance in leadership title, Ambassador or above (Valid from C-20 ’17 through C-6 ’18)
- Cash Bonuses each campaign (3%-10% of your team’s sales), at ambassador level or above, as you mentor your team members in building successful businesses. Teach them how to earn more money and YOU will earn more money too!
- Promotion Bonuses (ranging from $500 – $20,000) as you grow your team and advance in leadership title
- Mentoring Bonuses (ranging from $250 – $10,000) as you mentor members of your team in growing their teams and advancing in their titles
- Annual Recognition Vacation for the Executive levels of leadership (Last year’s trip was to Punta Cana. This year’s trip will be to Disney World!!)
Can you see how profitable and exciting it can be to grow an Avon team?? The best part is that you can earn all these bonuses and rewards by helping other people to be successful with Avon!! We all win together!
Ready to get started?
NOTE: When you find someone who is ready to sign up, have them go to http://www.startavon.com and make sure that they enter your reference code when they sign up. **Your reference code is the same as whatever comes past the / in your web store address. Click HERE for more info on signing someone up to your team.
STEP 1: PREPARE YOUR WARM LIST
Start by revisiting your “warm list” of potential customers and team members. Spend a few minutes writing down everyone you can think of who may be interested in buying or selling Avon. Expand your list further, using some of the tips HERE.
Once you’ve written your list, go through it and make a $ sign next to anyone who you think:
- Might possibly benefit from some extra money for short or long term goals (for bills, college tuition, a wedding, a home, a vacation, retirement, holiday shopping, etc.)
- Might want to sign enjoy a personal discount on their holiday shopping, even if they aren’t interested in building a sales business.
- Might have health and wellness goals and would enjoy the big discount and full earnings opportunity on ESPIRA.
- Are always up for an adventure and might be willing to give it a try and see where it goes!
CAUTION: Don’t make the mistake of deciding FOR someone else, whether or not they’d be interested in becoming an Avon representative, because you think they’re too busy, wouldn’t be interested, or don’t need the extra money. People come to Avon for a variety of reasons. Beauty bosses come in all varieties of shape, size, experience, interests, financial status, education, and busyness!
STEP 2 – START REACHING OUT
Once you’ve made your list, start going through it and reaching out by phone, text, email, or in person.
Contact everyone with a $ next to their name with a personalized message about why you thought they might be interested in the Avon opportunity. Explain how Avon meets their needs.
Tell them about how:
- They can earn 40% on their sales (or save 40% on their personal purchases)
- They are the boss of their business – Avon is FLEXIBLE – no minimum orders, no long-term contract, no requirement to order every campaign
- There’s no need to stock an expensive inventory ever
- They can sell with brochures and/or online
- They can get a really great starter kit for as low as $25 (or upgrade to the $50 or $100 kit)
- They can qualify for a 40-50% rebate on their starter kit costs if they have a 1st order of $150 or more (This is a limited-time incentive.)
- There’s still time to earn a chance to win a mini-cooper convertible, just by completing some online training. (The deadline for earning Drive Like a Boss entries is 12/4/17.)
- They can get in on the ground floor with ESPIRA, our huge upcoming health and wellness product launch, and order the products in advance at a 50% discount
Sample Text To Potential Recruits
Hi there,________! I’m very excited! I’ve decided to start an Avon team and I thought of you! I know that you’ve been trying to save up for ________, and I think Avon could be a great way for you to do that. Did you know that you can earn over $1000 in your first 90 days, and earn a chance to win a car! Let me know if you’d like me to send you more info!
Sample Recruiting Emails
**If you’re on my team, send me a message and I’ll forward you the actual templates to use.
Sample Email #1
Sample Email #2
Sample Email #3
Here are some more ways that you can find new AVON team members:
- Make a General Announcement – Write a post on Facebook. Tell people how much you’ve enjoyed selling Avon and that you’re starting a team. Share some of the perks of being an Avon representative (listed above). Ask who’s ready to put some more money in their pockets and have fun doing it!
- Ask Your Best Customer(s) – They already love Avon, don’t they?? Why wouldn’t they want to save up to 40% on their own orders every campaign, while also enjoying earnings on any other orders they collect each campaign!!
- Ask Around – Post in online groups that you’re a part of. Tell them you’re looking for people who are interested in being their own boss, and to message you for more info.
- Use Referrals – Expand your list of potential recruits by asking everyone you know, if THEY know someone who might be interested in earning some extra money, with a ton of flexibility. Offer a thank you gift to anyone who refers you to someone who signs up with you!!
- Advertise Locally – Hang flyers on public bulletin boards, post an ad in a local/community newspaper or classified publication. Post an ad in your church bulletin.
- Vendor Events – Get out there and show people what NEW AVON is all about! Connect with new potential customers and team members at vendor events.
- Home Parties/Opportunity Meetings – Gather some friends and family together. Ask them to bring along some friends. Show them what Avon is all about and how easy it is for them to start their own Avon business.
- Provide Your Testimonial – Make a video or go LIVE on Facebook to tell people why YOU love your Avon business. Tell your story. Why did you get started? What have you accomplished so far? What goals to you have for the future? How has Avon made a positive impact on your life. Let others be inspired by YOU!
- Buy OR Sell – Be sure that all of your promotional materials let people know that you can help people to buy OR sell Avon. Put it on your brochures, car signs, yard signs, flyers, etc.
- Be Publicly Successful – Be successful with your own business and do it as publicly as possible. Let others see the success you are having with your own business and how much fun you’re having in the process. Give them the opportunity to imagine themselves enjoying the same success.
BE PREPARED – More people will say NO, than will say YES. It may not be the right opportunity for them, or it just might not be the right them for them to seize it. That’s perfectly normal. It does not mean that you’re doing something wrong or that no one is interested. Do not get discouraged. The road to YES is paved with NOs. Keep moving forward NO to NO to NO, until you get to a YES! You have a genuine opportunity to offer people. Believe in it and share it proudly!