Once you’ve taken that first step, and signed up as an Avon representative, the next most important thing you need to figure out is…
Who will your customers be?
Many people sign up to become an Avon representatives because they love Avon themselves and they know other people do as well.
YOU may be your very first Avon customer!
You may also have friends and family who already use Avon and are anxious to have you as their Avon representative. There may be other friends and family who haven’t seen an Avon brochure in 30 years and will be surprised to see what a wide variety of products Avon now offers. Other friends or family may be brand new to Avon! You will offer their first introduction.
Whatever your situation is, taking a few minutes to develop and expand your list of potential customers is a great first step on the road to success.
I’m going to walk you through some steps for developing and expanding your Avon customer list!
How to Develop and Expand Your Avon Customer List
- Take out a piece of paper or use the spaces provided in the booklet, which was included in your Avon starter kit.
- Start by listing the first people that pop into your head who you think might be interested in seeing an Avon brochure. Most people’s first customers are friends or family. Add those people to your list. **Remember that the people on your list do NOT have to be local to you, since you can sell to anyone across the nation through your Avon web store!
- Now, think about other people you know, like neighbors or co-workers that you see on a regular or semi-regular basis. Add them to the list too.
Starting to get a little harder to think of people??
- Pull out your cell phone or pull up your Friends list on Facebook. Who did you miss? Add them to your list. **Remember, Avon is not just for women. There are plenty of products for men and children as well! Everyone you know is a potential Avon customer!
- Ok, now let’s think for a second of other places where you see people. Perhaps they are people who you are familiar with, but haven’t formally met yet… like people who attend your church or other moms picking up their kids from school or other parents at your child’s soccer game or dance class. These are all potential customers, so go ahead and jot down, “Moms at soccer” or “Ladies in book club”.
How’s that list looking so far? Let’s expand the list even more!
- Think about places you go during any given week or month, like the doctor’s office, the gym, or the playground. Are there receptionists there who might be interested in seeing a brochure? Could you perhaps ask about leaving a stack of brochures in those offices?
- Are you part of any clubs or organizations, in your local community or online? Add those people to your list too.
- What’s near you, in your local community? Are there any senior centers or assisted living communities? What about community rooms at a local apartment complex? Think about places where you may be able to leave a few brochures.
You should have a pretty good looking list right now, but let’s take it one step further…
- Look through the list you just made. Who on your list might be willing to take a few brochures to share with their co-workers and/or family and friends, in return for some free Avon gifts or a discount on their own order? Mark those people with a “*”.
One last step…
- Who on that list might be interested in starting their own Avon business? Go through the list and mark them with a “$”, so that you remember to let them know that you can sign them up to your Avon team!
Now that you should have a pretty long list of potential customers, it’s time to get out there and start building your Avon business!!
The key to growing your business is to get your online store link and Avon brochures (printed or digital) in front of the eyes of as many people as possible.
Go through your list to figure out how many brochures you need in order to reach out to everyone on your list, then get those brochures labeled with your contact info and start letting people know your Avon store is open for business!