The sun is shining. The kids are home from school. Cool pools and the sound of crashing waves beckon.
When the temperatures rise, it can be easy to let your Avon business drift to the wayside. Don’t let your Avon business wither away in the summer heat. Help it sizzle with summer success, by implementing a few of these summer survival tips for your Avon business!
SUMMER SURVIVAL TIPS for your AVON BUSINESS
- Be Consistent – Make sure to get your brochures to your customers every campaign. If doing your normal brochure delivery becomes a challenge during the busy summer, consider using a brochure mailing service, such as campaign-mailer.com. Consistent brochure delivery assures your customers that you are open for business!
- Plan for Vacations – Taking a family vacation? Pass out brochures ahead of time and let your customers know if there’s a change to your order schedule. Be sure to also let your customers know that they can shop through your Avon web store anytime at all, and have their orders delivered directly to them! Let your business grow while you’re away!
- Promote Summer Products – Avon offers a wide selection of summer products that everyone needs, such as our Skin So Soft Bug Guard, adorable flip flops, and beach-perfect tote bags. We’ve also got illuminating moisturizers, bikini line hair removal creams, and the entire FootWorks collection for pedicure-perfect feet and toes! Use post-it tabs to mark these pages in the brochures before you pass them out. Consider offering a special discount on the identified items.
- The Fortune is in the Follow-Up – Your customers are likely as busy with summer fun as you are. Be sure to follow-up with your customers a few days before you’ll be submitting your order. Let them know you’ll be submitting the order and ask if there’s anything they’d like. They’ll appreciate the reminder. Use the opportunity to suggest a great deal on a fun shade of summer polish!
- Utilize Your Own Web Store – If you have a slow campaign, consider submitting your order through your web store. Avon representatives get guaranteed 20% commission on web store orders of any size, even small orders! You can also enjoy free shipping on orders of $40 or more through your web store.
- Seize the Season – Promote your Avon business during your normal summer fun! Heading to the park with the kids? Bring a few brochures and samples packs to pass out to the other parents there! Going camping or golfing or kayaking? Bring along some Avon Bug Guard for on-the-spot sales. (The Bug Guard towelettes make GREAT samples.) Attending a BBQ? Bring along a basket of brochures for guests to browse.
- Become a Walking Advertisement – Advertise Avon as you enjoy your summer fun, by wearing Avon clothing and sandals. Use Avon polish on your sandal-perfect toes. Wear Avon jewelry. Carry an Avon tote. When people comment (and they will!) tell them it’s Avon and offer them a brochure!
- Be Social – Avon’s new and improved, mobile-friendly social media center makes it easy to advertise your Avon business on the go! Check out the new social media tutorial on youravon.com!
- Go Public – Summer is prime season for flea markets, yard sales, and other outdoor vendor events. Set up an Avon table to promote your business. Offer great deals on summer products that everyone loves, pass out brochures, and offer a small raffle basket to collect contact information from potential new customers!
- Keep Your Eye on the Prize – Sales may slow during the summer, but the peak fall/holiday season comes up right after. Keep your eyes on the prize. Be sure to keep your Avon account active during the summer, by placing an order of any size every few campaigns. This will ensure that you’ll be able to enjoy the high earnings of the peak holiday sales season!