Recently, I asked the members of my Avon team (ranging from brand new to experienced super-sellers) to share their favorite strategies for finding new customers! The responses were incredible!
Check out all of the many ways that Avon reps connect with new customers, then keep reading for a few tips on resources you can use to put these great ideas into action!!
HOW TO FIND AVON CUSTOMERS – IDEAS THAT REALLY WORK!!
I share on social media and like doing vendor shows. I reach a lot of people this way that I otherwise wouldn’t connect with. ~Lisa D.
Through social media and I just started a blog just for avon! ~Miracle T.
I made up a basket of books, free samples and a perfume tester and put it in the breakroom where I work. ~Julie C.
I enjoy putting up posts on my Facebook page and group. I do product photos and info from Avon Social, but also do my own testimonials on the products. I find that putting up “selfies” of myself using the products get the most interaction and interest. ~Danielle L.
I’ve connected with a couple people by offering a free gift for sharing my business page or post on their FB timeline. I also love utilizing Avon Social for my biz page! It’s an incredible tool!!! And… I’ve sent personal messages out to tons of people just letting them know I’m selling Avon so if they or anyone they know needs an Avon Lady I’m their girl. Got my first order with that message! ~Shannon T.
I started with friends and family. I’ve done a couple vendor events also that got me some contacts. Also posting in local community pages. ~Amy C.
Leave the books out on my desk, give out samples of products. In fact, the Himalayan salt mint tooth paste tube is making its way around the office now. ~Betsy L.
Social media and introducing them to new products through suggestive selling. ~Jessica W.
I like to wear the different clothing & jewelry. Many compliments on the grey suede boots! 👢 ~Pam C.
I take my business cards to my work and give out samples too. I also leave brochures on the tables at my restaurant. ~Terri K.H.
I keep a database of all individuals who ordered products and another database of all who received brochures. I deliver a new brochure to everyone and then call them a week later and ask if they would like to submit an order. ~Suzanne R.
I give my card along with a sample to my waiter or waitress when I go out to eat. ~Julie T.W.
I don’t have cards yet, but I take a bag with candy, a sample, and a brochure or pamphlet with my information on it (including my Facebook page), as I run thru a drive thru or restaurant. I ask if they are interested in a book and say they can receive a 10% discount on their first order. I went to my neighbor and she shared with her mom and sister. ~Jessica H.
My go to makeup is mascara & lip gloss. I really like a lot of the clothing & perfumes as well. (Wear and Share the products you love!) ~Lindsey Bronson
I place brochures and samples in the restrooms at work. ~Tracey S.J.
I already use our neighborhood app to keep updated on things in my community and neighborhood and I recently shared a post introducing myself as a new Avon rep and got a good response of people saying hello back so I’m reaching out to them individually now. ~Heidi K.
Definitely upping my wear and share game. Planning to do more personal testimony and pictures. I just got the violet glimmer kiss and OMG!!!! I love it. ~Angela R.C.
Using Avon Social and handing out brochures to everyone I know! ~Lyndsay P.B.
🙋🏾♀️ I use Marketing! I have Avon t-shirts with my info on them… (a sweatshirt too)😉
I have flyers and I use my social media platforms, FB advertising and 🗣️ word of mouth & my brochures… 🙌🏾 ~Belinda H.C.
I post on Facebook and Instagram. ~Ally L.G.
I post on Instagram and Facebook. I created a business page – it’s been a slow start but I’m still posting. I’m also going to set up once a month at my local flea market. I’m going to start having a few products available to purchase to get myself out there. That’s my next idea. I also post on my neighborhood page when I get my books. Today I will post on the group page that I have the latest Avon book and pass them out that way. I also post in other local groups that I’m in. ~Gina D.
I started with Facebook and Google business, and now I’m doing Nextdoor app, and leaving brochures at different places. I also talk to different people throughout the day and hand out books that way. I also connect with other reps and one helped me with a recommendation for a customer. I also have 2 customers from one of my doctors offices. ~Amber L.
I’ve been handing out lots of samples. ~Gina T.
Honestly, I’ve just been sharing the ads (from Avon Social) with a link to my shop. ~Suzzy H.
I use social platforms, wear AVON apparel with my logo, and have AVON decal on my vehicle. When we travel for reptile expos, I drop old/current brochures along the way, coming and going! ~Heather A.
I’m new but trying to post on Facebook. ~Heather D.B.
I post on Facebook and bring brochures and business cards everywhere I go. I also try to do events as well. ~Christine K.
I post on Facebook and bring brochures everywhere I go. ~Amy P.B.
I try to promote new products & showcase the benefits of the products. I also use testimonials from my customers on what products they like & why! ~Michele C.C.
Social media, texting and Facebook messaging people. Reaching out to friends who might benefit from working with Avon!!! ~Diana M.
I have made a Facebook page for my friends and family so that they may go there and see our products. ~Tammy W.
I have sent messages to everyone who has liked my Avon page (over 100 people already) and I just started at a new office, so I leave books on the community dining table with samples for the taking. I also wear Avon products like earrings or a ring and use Avon perfume so when I get compliments on them I can always promote that it came from Avon! 💝😊 ~Keri F.
I have my current customers giving out an extra book that I leave with them. So far it’s working. Also my brother is still giving out books for me. ~Laura R.
I haven’t purchased brochures in a while but I take the mini brochures (sale flyers) that I get with my campaign orders and I keep those on hand with my info on them and a recruiting flyer that I made. I have a Beauty Boss button that I got a while back, that I wear and I make sure I have my Avon jewelry and makeup on. I have been getting a lot of comments on my jewelry a lot lately. At my full-time job, I am not allowed to really promote my business BUT… I have purchased bottles of the Skin So Soft lotions and have put one in ALL of the ladies bathrooms with a label on them that has my info. I have some mini brochures in my desk drawer to give to people when they approach me about the lotions. Now that there is hand soap, I want to order some for the bathrooms AND the sinks in the breakrooms (there are 4 buildings for the company I work for). I also promote through Facebook, Instagram and Next Door. ~Shelly K.
I’ve been taping the newer samples in a brochure and passing them out. 😁 ~Sarah M.
I’m new but I have been doing family and friends connections as my practice to sell and attract customers. I’m also keeping up with the many groups to grow in my sales and welcoming customers. I watch the (training) videos and pass some info on to my family and friends. I’m been slow in selling but gaining much knowledge, which is important information to success in my new Avon business. Avon Calling! ~Carol R.
I use the ads that Avon has on the social media part (Avon Social) and share on Facebook. ~Paula C.
My primary customer base are the women (and sometimes men) that I work with. Once a month I will put a basket of samples together and put in our common area kitchen along with some brochures. I have picked up quite a few new customers by doing this… and my name/info has been passed along to others in my building. Everyone loves good samples!! ~Christina B.
My plan is to do door to door, and some friends. ~Charlene G.
Using Avon Social to promote my business online! ~Kristina P.
Facebook and giving samples to friends, family, and coworkers. ~La Shina R.
I ride around the neighborhood in my Polaris and pass out books! ~Millisa S.
I’m promoting my business on all my social medias. I’m really trying to socialize and ask questions to people when I’m out and about or with my mom’s friends and clients. I’m trying to really get myself out there to the public. I plan on ordering some samples and other things as well!!! I want to take a picture of before and after doing a make over on my cousin saying that I’m using all Avon products or even do a video. I’m so happy with how many people have joined with Avon! It’s exciting!!! ~Michaela N.
TIPS AND RESOURCES
Did you notice a lot of common themes in the responses?? Brochures, samples, Facebook, Avon Social, Wearing and Sharing…
Let’s chat a bit about how you can use those tools too!
1) BROCHURES – You can order printed Avon brochures at any time. Go to avonnow.com, click “Order Products”, then select “Brochures & Flyers” to choose the brochures you’d like to order. It’s a good idea to get in a routine of ordering brochures two campaigns ahead of time, so you always have the supplies you need to promote your business. Brochures come in packs of 10, and get less expensive the more packs you order.
**All reps also have a FREE digital version of the brochure, which you can share on Facebook, through email, in text/messages, etc. To get your digital brochure link, go to your online store, click BROCHURE (from the main menu), then copy that link! Customers can flip page-by-page through the digital brochure to select their items. They can then either give their order to you (for you to submit) or place their order online (to be delivered directly to them).
2) SAMPLES – Samples can also be ordered at any time from avonnow.com. Click “Order Products”, then select “Samples” to view the currently available samples. Not seeing the product you’d like to offer samples of? Many reps like to make their own samples by ordering a full-sized product, then using small sample containers (which can be ordered from places like Amazon).
3) FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM – Social media can be a very powerful advertising tool. The trick to utilizing social media to successfully promote your business is to post regularly and make your posts as personal as possible. (Simply posting the link to your online store and waiting for orders is unlikely to produce the results you’re looking for.) Post pictures of products to offer a taste of what customers will find on your online store, share personal before/after pictures, talk about the products you are currently using and love! Share what you truly love (and share it often) and you’ll generate interest! Keep sharing, even if you don’t see instant results – it takes most customers multiple exposures to build enough interest to take action!
Not sure how to get started on social media, how to set up a business page, or how to use Instagram?? Check out the Social Selling by Avon Social Facebook page, which is bursting with tips related to promoting your business through social media THE RIGHT WAY! Click on “Units” from the main menu of that page to access a list of short, helpful tutorial videos.
4) AVON SOCIAL – Avon Social is an incredible, totally FREE tool you can use to promote your business. You’ll find the link to Avon Social in the top left corner of avonnow.com. Avon Social is filled with thousands of images and videos, which you can either download (to post wherever you’d like) or post directly to a Facebook business page or group. The Social Selling by Avon Social Facebook page is a great source of tips for using Avon Social.
5) WEAR & SHARE – Make yourself a walking billboard for your Avon business by wearing and sharing the products. Get to know the products you are selling by using them personally, so you can offer your authentic testimonial and answer customer questions based on your firsthand experience. Products like our beautiful jewelry are “compliment catchers” which open the door to conversations about your Avon business.
As a representative, you can order new products, two campaigns ahead of their official debut, from the What’s New catalogs. You’ll get a discount on your personal purchases, based on your normal earnings level.
6) GOOGLE BUSINESS – Set yourself up a FREE Google Business profile, so local customers can find you when they search for Avon!