UPDATE: Avon’s distribution center has reopened!!
As you’ve likely seen, Avon’s distribution center (located in Ohio, which has instituted a shelter-in-place to slow the spread of COVID-19) is closed until at least April 6, which means no rep site or online store orders will ship until then.
While this is disappointing, it’s not entirely surprising, considering that many businesses have needed to pause operations during this worldwide crisis. The most important thing right now is to focus on slowing the spread of the virus.
Here’s what I’ve personally decided though…
While order shipping is on pause for a couple weeks, I am NOT putting my business mindset on pause!
I have decided to use these next couple weeks to reflect on what I want from my Avon business longterm. I’m going to ⭐️DREAM BIG ⭐️SET CHALLENGING GOALS ⭐️and MAKE PLANS.
Then, I’m going to dive into doing every training and taking every step I can to get myself set up for success with my plan, so that I can jump back in ⭐️STRONGER ⭐️than before once orders begin shipping again!
Let’s use this temporary time, when shipments are on pause, to define our business goals, outline a clear plan, and develop our skills and knowledge for success!
NOW is the time to dive into that list of things you’d told yourself you’d do someday!
Check out this list of other things you can do while waiting for Avon order shipments to resume:
1. Put your Avon business goals in writing – What do you want to be able to accomplish (short-term or long-term) with your Avon business? How much money do you wish to be making from your business each month? What would earning that amount of money do for you and your family?
2. Make an “Avon Dream Board” – Make a visual representation of what you want to accomplish with your business. Cut out pictures which represent your goals. Are you saving for a vacation to someplace special? Put a picture of that place on your dream board! Are you saving to send yourself or a child to college? Add a pic to your dream board to represent that. Are you trying to paying off debt with your Avon earnings? Add a pic showing a $0 balance on a bill to your dream board! Hang your dream board someplace visible to keep you focused on your goals!
3. Break down your big goals into actionable steps – If your goal is to earn $500 a month from your Avon business, figure out what it would take to accomplish that goal. How much would you need to personally sell or what would your team sales need to be each campaign to pull in $500 each month? Break your big goal into smaller, actionable steps.
4. Set your space up for success – Spend some time creating or reorganizing a dedicated space to work your business.
5. Plan a consistent routine to follow once order shipment resumes – When will you distribute brochures? When will you post on social media (or plan your posts on Avon Social)? When will you follow-up with customers? When will you submit orders? When will you deliver orders? Take some time to figure out a consistent routine that you can follow each campaign, so you’ll be ready to jump in!
6. Update your customer list – When was the last time you sat down and made a list of all of your current customers (everyone who has ordered from you in the past several months), your former customers (customers who have ordered before, but not in a while), and your potential future customers?? Take some time to make those lists, so that when shipping resumes, you can connect with all of your current customers, follow-up to re-engage former customers, and reach out to new potential customers to make sure that all of those people receive a printed brochure or your digital brochure link.
7. Learn how to use Avon Social – Have you put off learning how to use Avon Social, because it felt overwhelming?? Take some time now to figure it out! You’ll find Avon Social in the top left corner of avonnow.com. The Social Selling by Avon Social Facebook page is an excellent resource for support. When you’re on that page, click “Units” from the main menu to watch a variety of short video tutorials on how to set up an Avon business page, how to use Avon Social, how to use other social media tools, and more!
8. Set up a Facebook business page, Instagram account, Google business profile, or Pinterest account – Have you put off setting up all of these incredible tools for connecting with customers online, because you weren’t sure how?? Now is the time to get them set up! Check out the Social Selling by Avon Social page (mentioned and linked above) for tips on how to use these tools. You can also find very helpful tutorials on youtube!
9. Become an Avon Skin Care Specialist – Selling skin care is one of your best tickets to longterm sales success. Developing your skin care product knowledge is one of the most effective ways to increase your skin care sales. Go to Avon U Training (in the top left corner of avonnow.com) and search for the Skin Care Specialist training (in the Resource Library of Avon U). Watch the 2-part training videos. It’s about 4 hours in total training, but worth every second!!
10. Complete other Avon product and business trainings – Avon U Training is bursting with other opportunities to improve your product knowledge and business skills. Refresh yourself on the basics or dive into special areas, such as Avon fundraising! You could take your training a step farther by brainstorming lists of people or organizations you will contact to offer an Avon fundraiser!
11. Join the Avon USA Representatives facebook page and watch some recent live videos – Avon is frequently hosting live videos on the Avon USA Representatives facebook page to help us build our skills and knowledge.
12. Plan a special customer incentive for when order shipments resume – How will you re-engage customers and boost your sales once order shipments resume. Make a plan for how you will communicate with your customers and what you will offer! You may wish to offer a small discount on orders placed through you or perhaps a small free gift with orders.
Do you have any other ideas for how you will spend these next couple weeks preparing to build an even stronger Avon business?
Share them in the comments!
MORE TIPS FROM AVON